|Our silly dog ate three pieces!|
|Learning about Gravitational Attraction|
- My husband is taking over all physics experiments. I just can't bring up the energy for physics. It is my least favorite science. I am doing the reading material and worksheets with the kids and he is doing the experiments. It is going so much better.
- Continue reading for an hour or more as a family each day. We are enjoying biographies, government books, literature and a few science books. It is a nice mix.
- Watch a movie for literature, history or science once a week.
- Fill out paperwork for Dean's homeschool graduation this spring!!
- Sign Anne up for six hours of private driving lessons, which is a state requirement on her journey for a license.
- Dean will complete U.S. History II credit and maybe his Visual Arts III credit.
- Anne will complete her Health Credit and U.S. History I credit.
Our other goals are financial goals. We lose almost 20% of our income in May due to the loss of Dean's adoption assistance at age 18. He received this benefit because he was a special needs adoption from foster care. I also was required to be a stay-at-home mom for many years as part of his adoption requirements (not that I would have wanted it any other way). There are some other big expenses coming down the road right now as well, a dying mini van, health insurance changes and necessary home repairs...not to mention community college for Anne in the next 18 months. We have known that this is coming for a long time and are actively preparing for the change. We had assumed that I would go to work part-time around this time, but the special needs of my family still makes it in everyone's best interest that I remain a stay-at-home mother. We hope to continue to shave off expenses wherever we can for the next year or two so that I can do just that. If we really need more income, I will most likely start a daycare home, which is something I have loved in the past and keeps me at home. This is all said to announce that I will be starting a Thrifty Thursday post with some of my ideas on how we are saving our pennies.