- The little kids didn't know what a raccoon looked like, so we looked at pics on the Internet.
- We all learned more about rabies than we ever wanted to know.
- We learned up close and personal about stewardship. That was the hardest part of the day when my big teen realized that we may have been responsible in part for the rabbits' deaths because we hadn't secured the cage well enough. Such a hard lesson in being good stewards.
- This was another opportunity to process grief as a family, and I learned that teenage boys really do like hard physical labor more than talking to help them process their anger. My son weed whacked, painted the playhouse and moved several heavy things for me. He said it helped a lot.
- There is nothing wrong with wrapping up a rotten day with ice cream sundaes for dinner at our favorite ice cream parlor.