Big Teen - He will simply be plugging away on his seven classes. I do hope that he will be able to complete 18 hours of school a week on top of his internship. Also, if all works out, he will be starting an Ancient World History class with other homeschoolers in about a week or so.
- Learning all the sounds of the ABC's.
- Learning to count correctly to 50 -- she's about halfway there.
- Learning the months of the year.
- Learning to think before speaking and only speak if you have something nice to say.
- Learning to give her own opinion. This child will survey the whole family when she is asked a simple question before giving her answer.
- Narrating back a part of a chapter in more than one sentence.
- Continuing to improve his reading skills.
- Work on doing chores with a cheerful heart and without argument. (This might be his goal all year. LOL)
- Working on better eye contact with "Yes, Mom".
- Working on resolving problems with sibs in accordance with the Brother Offended chart. He is usually the one being offended, not the offender.
- Learning simple adding, subtracting and sequencing.
- Learning the days of the week.
- Working on staying dry through the night. With cerebral palsy, this may be a really hard goal, but his doc thinks we may have success.
Little Red Ridinghood
- Learning to use scissors.
- Being able to identify all letters of ABC's.
- Improving listening and narration skills.
- Working on taking turns and sharing more.
- Learning 10 new words in Spanish.
- Putting shoes on the correct feet.
- Working on identifying all the numbers to 25. She is about halfway there.
We will continue on with our normal lessons and FIAR books, but these goals will be my focus for each child. They will also all be doing Spanish, science, music and art just as the previous weeks.