Monday, April 28, 2008

We Have a 6 Year Old!

My little Tom Sawyer is 6 years old!  Where do the years go?!  As many of you know, my little guy loves anything artsy.  When it came to planning his party, there was no doubt that we were going to have an art-themed party.  The question was how to please the little guy and keep the cost reasonable.  He thought a fun event would be to paint the Sistine Chapel on our ceiling and make a cake with a Monet painted on it.  WHAT?!  He was serious, but that was a bit beyond my ability.  Luckily, he had a blast with what we came up with, and it was a fun party.  We made a pinata and it took the kids longer to break it than I thought it would.  Then they decorated cookies, made their own party hats, and painted pictures.  They also played outside a lot.  My little guy really likes some modern artists and agreed to let me make a Mondrian cake.  This artist is much closer to my ability.  LOL!








Blessings, Dawn

6 comments:

  1. Great picture slide show! I love that! Nice party too. The pinata looks like a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to him! It looks like the party was fun. Good job on the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your son! We just celebrated a #7 here. It sounds like a fun party. I contemplated art activities, but chickened out!

    I don't go to yard sales often, but I enjoy them. I used to go to used curriculum sales a lot with some friends, and I miss those, too.

    Letitia

    ReplyDelete
  4. What cute pictures! Looks like a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like a great time was had by all. Wonderful job on the cake. Right up my alley, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great! Happy 6th birthday to him!

    ReplyDelete