Sunday, July 27, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook





 


Outside my Window ~ The sun is just now coming up.  It looks like it is going to be a nice day.


I am thinking ~ We are entering two weeks of having appointments every single day.  I really have to stay focused so our days run as smoothly as possible.


I am thankful for ~ My dear husband, who worked hard this weekend so that I could get off to a good start on this hectic schedule.


From the kitchen ~ Just basic food preparation.


I am creating ~  Chemistry games to make my big teen's chemistry course more fun.


I am going ~ To take the big teen to his volunteer job and then pick him up later this afternoon.


I am wearing ~ Red and white checkered pants and a star shirt.


I am reading ~ Christy by Catherine Marshal (again).


I am hoping ~ That my dd (7) wakes up with a reasonable attitude.  She was a real pill all weekend.


I am hearing ~ The hum of the computer and my dog waking up.  Kids are still asleep.


Around the house ~ I need to clean up the back deck.


One of my favorite things ~ Listening to dd (4) tuck her baby dolls in at night.  She is such a tender little "mother".


A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week 
My dd (7) starts another loop of Tomatis (Sensory Integration Dysfunction therapy), the last free summer movie, and ds (18) is helping out with day camp all week at his volunteer job.


Here is a picture thought I am sharing for you ~





To see more Simple Woman's Daybook, go to simple woman.


Blessings, Dawn

9 comments:

  1. I can sympathise re the appointments - hope they all run smoothly for you!

    Love the photo - my son is desperate for a tent to shade from the sun!

    ~Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your week continues in peace, despite the many appointments. God's blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Christy, I read the book and watched all the movies :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with all those appointments, I understand that rushed feeling, go go go everyday. Our week last week was like that.


    Love the tent picture and all their tussled hair.


    What a fun daybook.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! What a great picture!! And they're all listening!! How did you do that? I'm impressed!!


    Thanks for sharing,

    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christy is probably one of my favorite books ever. It's been a long time since I've read it though.

    http://untangledweb.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the picture!


    wow, two weeks of appointments every day?! Hope all goes well.


    Thanks for leaving me a comment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Susan (A Happy Heart at Home)July 29, 2008 at 9:03 PM

    Thanks for sharing your Daybook. That's sweet about your daughter being a little mother to her dolls. I hope you have a good week.


    ~Susan

    http://ahappyheartathome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is that your dh reading to the kids in a tent? That is awesome. You have such a beautiful family.


    Carol


    PS I wouldn't exactly say that our two weeks went smoothly...we still had to deal with attitudes - mine and the kids! Next week will be the real test as we start the full curriculum, and I'm still dealing with weepiness and moodiness myself - ugh!

    ReplyDelete