Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The Mulch Pile

Well, we have lots of mulch now!  My dh wanted to mulch the playground, swing set, and front gardens properly for once, so he did the math and ordered a truckful.  Oh, my!  My dh's math is not good.  He claims that he only has a public school education, but I think he was sleeping through class.  I did go to college with him, after all.   This is what is LEFT....





He only needs about 1/4 of what we have left for the playground and then we are going to be inviting the neighbors over.  In the meantime, my children have transformed it into a hill to storm, a fort, and the latest entertainment ~ the dare-devil jumping pile.












The last photo is the picture you all have been waiting for.  Yes, I got permission from my dh before posting it.  LOL!




My dh just had to jump, too!


Blessings, Dawn

7 comments:

  1. I wish I was one of your lucky neighbors. That stuff is great in for my vegetable garden. I used it to set up rows between the plants and the weeds have been few and far between.

    Looks like everyone had so much fun, kind of like a huge leaf pile in autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had one of those mulch piles. We just kept layering it throughout the gardens and it was wonderful to keep the moisture in and the weeds from sprouting. We sure were exhausted when we were done. Some parts of the garden had about a foot of mulch on top. This was years ago. I think we need to buy a little bit more next year.

    Blessings,

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your peach crop looks just peachy!! How nice it must be to enjoy such beauty!


    Your cedar mulch adventure looks fun- it's great to see your family taking advantage of a math error!!


    Happy 4th!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where's the one of you jumping? surely you tried it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too fun! Glad the kids (and hubby) enjoyed jumping right in! We have what is lovingly referred to as poop hill (manure pile from the barnyard) and that is the greatest fun for the kids to play King of the Hill. Even the animals run to the top and jump off! We laughed when one of ds's friends came over to see the baby goats and that's where they played...the poop hill.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have always thought a big pile of dirt would be a great gift for the kids. Hours and hours of entertainment right there.


    Those peaches look so good!

    ReplyDelete