Thursday, October 9, 2008

Show and Tell -- Guess Where?


Guess where we are going to!  Our youngest son (6) was granted a wish through the Sunshine Foundation.  This is a wonderful organization that helps adopted and foster children who are still affected by the abuse they received in their birth homes.  When first asked by the Foundation what he wanted for his wish, he said that he wanted to meet God and see all of the animals in His Kingdom.  That wish was a little out of their domain!  However, we worked out a great trip and the day has come.  With the TV reporting the news of economic collapse in the background, I have to admit that it feels a little crazy going on vacation right now.  However, this is when the wish is being granted, so off we go....  The question is where are we going?


Could it be a lovely island with waves lapping against the sand?  One of the music capitals of the country?  Perhaps, an animal safari?












Tune in next week to find out where we went and all about our adventures!  Now where is that To Do List?  Is the list complete, little ones?  Is everything packed?  We are out of here!  Have a great weekend everybody!







To see more great Show and Tells, go to Canadagirl.


Blessings, Dawn

20 comments:

  1. You are so AWESOME witht his post . . . I want next Friday to get here ASAP. You and your family are in my prayers. May God bless you all through this.


    HUGS,

    Trina @ Daddy's Chick's

    http://daddyschicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you set out this entry, it is so exciting! What a wonderful opportunity!!


    I especially love the little creatures checking the list, how cute!!


    Have a wonderful time, looking forward to seeing where on earth you went to. I am so bad at guessing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great pre trip build up!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see where you are going!

    Yes our felines are all soft. They have persian ( thought a few generations removed ) in them which gives them all the softest of fur. One actually has hair ( they also have siamese in them) instead of fur. All five cats are related. The first set rescued from under the house and the last of the "wild cats" that we have been working to get rid of. We have an organization that fixes them and releases them. ( we need the cats as we have rats and squirrels in high populations in the area) Fancy was given away only to come back home pregnate thus the two sister siblings. Have an awesome trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How very exciting for all of you. I can't wait to see where you went. Have a great time.

    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK! Great "hook" for us! Can't wait until next Friday to see all the pics and hear where you guys went!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I had to guess I would say Disney's Animal Kingdom in Orlando? Am I right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool! Now I wanna know where you are going!

    Love, Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that it is a great time for vacation...

    have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi

    I just tagged you go to my blog for the rules for Six Quirky Things About Me Tag!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I cannot wait to find out where you are!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so happy your little one will be getting a piece of his wish here on earth. I hope you have a wonderful time and looking forward to hearing all about your adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll be back next week to find out where you went. I hope you take lots of pictures!

    Antoinette

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait to see where you went. I hope you had a wonderful, relaxing time. I know what you mean about economics and travel. I'm debating the same thing.

    I've enjoyed catching up with you today.

    Letitia

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is so exciting! I wish you all a safe trip and a wonderful time.


    Will drop by again to find out where you all guys are going.


    Grace be,

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my! Now I can't wait to see where you all went! Where ever it is, have wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How fun! I can't wait to find out where you went.


    I tagged you on my blog. If you have time, check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ack...the suspense!!! Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope you're having a great time, wherever you are! It seems like you've been gone for weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratualtions and I hope you are having a GREAT time!!

    mom2many

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like his first chose.


    ByHisGraceInColorado

    is letting me have a little contest

    to give away one of her new books,

    "Encouragement for the Unschooling Families".

    Stop over and check it out!


    Candy

    ReplyDelete