Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Homeschool Memoirs #11

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn63/sillydreamer91/graphics/11.png 


We do not do many field trips day in and day out, but we do plan our trip/vacations to be educational.  We love to go to new and exciting places.  My children love art museums, especially ones that have hands-on activities.  They also enjoy zoos, science museums and nature centers.  We always try to fit these in when we travel.  We also try to do anything that is historical in the area.  We were blessed with several opportunities to travel this year.  This past year we went to Montgomery, AL; Washington, D.C.; Raleigh, NC; and Nashville, TN.  Here is a slide show of some of the great events.








 Blessings, Dawn

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful pictures and vacations! Thanks for sharing.


    Renee'

    http://rmboys1.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had some wonderful field trips! :D How exciting!


    We just took a trip today to a wildlife park with lots of hands on with the different animals. :D

    Sherry

    http://lampuntomyfeetandalightuntomypath.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are all fun places to visit. : )

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it grand we can go anywhere: field trips, vacation or whathaveyou and extend time and still say it is homeschool? We love that idea. ;-)


    Looks like you had a grand time.. thanks for sharing.


    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of our trips tend to be educational, too, and yes, I have also had my fill of election campaigns. You know my struggle with the upcoming trip (potentially) to Hawaii with my superhero. I just posted a slide show from our civil war studies at the Vicksburg, Mississippi National Military Park.


    I don't think I responded to your e-mail--I really need to slow down. I had not thought of food and fashion before, and no, I'm not finished, sadly enough. I hope to be there by Thanksgiving. God bless you, Dawn.

    ReplyDelete