Monday, November 3, 2008

Unplug your kids~Flags

The last day before Election Day!  Hurray!!  I really am tired of this stage of the process.  My kids are really obsessed with following the news and campaign.  I don't know if it is because my oldest is voting this time or because this campaign has been so historic, but my kids are really interested -- from the 5 year old on up.  When I saw that unplug your kids was doing a flag theme this week, I knew my kids would love to do a flag craft.


First we used star cookie cutters in tempera paint to make star pictures.


Then we made folk art torn paper American Flags.  The kids liked tearing the paper instead of using scissors. 





To see more great unplugged projects go here.


Blessings, Dawn

7 comments:

  1. Great flags. They look wonderful

    Heather

    http://gottfredsenacademy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the neat activities!

    Have another great week!

    SchoolinRhome

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat project. That is impressive that all of your children are interested in the election.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They did a great job with their flags!


    My two young daughters are very into this election, as well...they went door to door with my husband and I, and enjoyed going to this site-

    http://pbskids.org/democracy/

    where they can make their own stickers! Kind of late now, but your kids might enjoy checking it out!


    I posted a video where the candidates state plainly where they stand on the right to life issue - very powerful.


    Blessings,

    ~Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great that they are so interested. Mine always have been too.


    I posted a picture of my costume earlier today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. You always do the neatest activities with your children. We'll be making Christmas wrapping paper soon either using cookie cutters or sponges. :-)

    I've been meaning to do some torn paper crafts. Thanks for reminding/inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just catching up on your blog!! There's never enough time to visit as much as I would like!! I love all the pictures!!!


    I started a new blog. You can visit my homeschool blog to access the addy. I'm putting it up today.

    Blessings!! Kris

    ReplyDelete