Monday, November 17, 2008

Unplugged Project~Donate

The theme at Unplug Your Kids this week is sort and donate.


This one was right up my alley.  My house has been a bit overwhelming to me recently, and I knew with the holidays coming it was time for a sort and donate.  Out with the old to make room for the new....  So I handed everyone bags and we went about weeding out the unwanted.  My big teen managed to find two big bags of stuff to donate (mostly clothes he had grown out of years ago).  We worked on cleaning up the basement, too.  When we had everything gathered, we decided to weigh it.  We were shocked to find that we had 94 pounds to donate!!  Hurray! That is 94 pounds that I will never have to clean up again.  The kids made a graph of the weight of each bag, so it counted for math, too.





Blessings, Dawn

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that is really great, Dawn! I checked out Unplug Your Kids, and loved that, too.


    Thanks for always passing along such good ideas and info!


    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now this is a project that I need to jump into! I bet we have 94 pounds of stuff we could donate too.

    Congrats on a job well done!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete