Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A Question...

I spent some time this morning putting a line up of Christmas movies on my Blockbuster account.  I am hoping that we will get two Christmas movies to watch each week of December.  I feel like I am missing some great movies, though.  What is your favorite Christmas family movie or favorite kid Christmas movie?  I don't mind a movie here or there that includes Santa but I want wholesome.  (We really do not do Santa and the kids understand that he is pretend, but they have seen Santa movies before.)  They loved the Santa Claus last year.  We are planning to continue keeping Christmas simple around here, but I thought having a movie night each week would be fun for the holidays.

Please leave me a comment with your suggestions.

Blessings, Dawn

7 comments:

  1. Yes, your parents should hear from you! LOL


    I don't know about my kids, but one of my favorite Christmas movies is the The Christmas Box. The kids always like Elf and The Grinch - sorry - their both Santa themed.


    I'll be interested to see others' responses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our all time favorite Christmas movie we watch every year on Thanksgiving night (to kick off the season) is the Muppet Christmas Carol. It is so funny and awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about "The Story Lady" with Jessica Tandy is wonderful if you can find it. I taped it on CBS in 1992 and it is nearly worn out. I hope to buy it if I ever find it.

    Blessings,

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, Dawn, I'm thinking on this one.


    You know I am not much of a movie person.

    My husband loves It's a Wonderful Life and we have to watch it every year.


    My kids adore A Charlie Brown Christmas and The Crippled Lamb by Lucado.


    We like A Christmas Carol, I think it's the 1950s version, but re-mastered.


    One for you big people is The Star of Bethlehem.

    The kids can watch it, too, but it may not hold their interest. check out: www.bethlehemstar.net for info.


    Oh, and for fun we like How the Grinch Stole Christmas because we love the ending.


    We don't do Santa either.


    ReplyDelete
  5. My kids always loved "Frosty the Snowman." I know one they didn't like was "Annabelle's Wish", about a cow who wants to be a reindeer. They both said it was "depressing."

    Blessings,

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! I was just sharing this with another bloggy friend. I thought of my personal favorite, It's a Wonderful Life, although your younger two may or may not like it. The Nativity Story (2006?), recently done, is a wonderful rendition of the Christmas story. The Preacher's Wife (Whitney Houston, Denzel Washington) is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We watch them throughout the Christmas season also. There are so many out ther but here are a few of my favorites:

    The Little Drummer Boy

    Little Women (1933)

    Babes in Toyland (Laurel & Hardy)

    A Christmas Carol (1984)

    The Christmas Shoes (though a real tear jerker)

    Miracle on 34th Street (1947)

    VeggieTales-The Toy that Saved Christmas

    There are so many great ones out ther but these are my personal 'don't miss' ones.

    ReplyDelete