Today we had a mostly normal day. However, Little Red Riding Hood did not have to do any chores. She also got to pick our lunch. She picked pizza. We haven't had pizza in about 7 months due to Tom Sawyer's food allergies. We just recently got back some forms of dairy on a limited basis. I went to our local health food store and to my amazement found a pizza (grain free) that was almost perfect. Even more amazingly, it tasted so good that all the kids asked for seconds and thirds. It is called Against the Grain Gourmet Pizza, and it has no gluten, wheat, corn, soy, rice, sugar, yeast, peanuts or tree nuts. You can see the website here. It is cost prohibitive as a regular food item in our house but will be a great addition for special occasions.
Now for our tradition of listing off a special thing about our birthday child for each year they have lived.
- Very Frugal ~ Little Red Riding Hood has saved $101 to date. She only gets a $1 a week allowance and has an uncanny ability to find coins on the ground.
- Easy Going ~ A really great skill to have in this special needs family.
- Dancer ~ This girl loves to dance. She is so excited about being in the Nutcracker again.
- Obedient ~ I rarely have to tell her twice how to behave.
- Happy ~ She often has a smile on her face and loves the camera.
- Mommy's Buddy ~ This girly loves to be with me and go wherever I go.
- Quiet and Peaceful ~ Little Red Riding Hood likes to be quiet and play by herself. She likes to cuddle and just listen to everyone else.
- Little Cook ~ She loves to help prepare meals and is almost ready to cook her own first dinner.
We love you, sweet girl. You are growing so quickly. I am so glad to be your Mother.