I am flowing through our days, trying to stay present in the moment. Here is a peek at what we experienced this week.
|We have been doing lots of spring cleaning and cooking/baking.|
- Anne completed the CAT test and it has been mailed back to the testing facility.
- I finished the parent surveys for Dean's very comprehensive educational testing and emailed them back. We should be called in for results soon.
|Elijah played the guitar on Youth Sunday and wrote a skit about forgiveness and getting into heaven.|
- We finished Life of Fred and math workbooks for the year.
- The kids finished homeschool co-op and performed in the co-op showcase. The videos are too long to load here, sigh.
|Mama bear is a frequent visitor to our yard this week.|
- We wrapped up two reviews this week. You can read my reviews about ARTistic Pursuits, Inc. and a new music appreciation program by Zeezok by clicking on the links.
- The last of the kids' regular dance classes finished this week. Next week is tech week and two weekends filled with eight performances.
- I attended a meeting for Goldilocks that was positive. Everyone on her team is pleased with the most recent psych eval. This is the second time in two weeks that I have seen her cry when tears would be expected. She is showing more appropriate emotion currently.
- I also attended Goldilocks' six month check up with the pediatrician. She seems to be almost done growing and will likely be no more than 5'4" (and that is if she can gain a bit more height). For some unknown reason, this is a disappointment to her.
|My Iris garden is starting to bloom.|
- We accomplished art, music and poetry.
- The kids are almost done with Science Shepherd Introductory Science. This is a review item, and we quickly realized that it was far too simple for my crew. They completed over 100 workbook pages this week. They decided to skip the videos and just fill out the workbook as a "test" of their knowledge. We also are not young earth creationists, which is taught by Shepherd, so this led us to an extensive discussion about old earth vs. young earth creationists. That discussion then led us on to the differences in intelligent design versus evolution.
|Our strawberry garden is really starting to produce.|
- Most importantly, the week started off with a bang of tension, stress, too much to do, and just plain grouchy attitudes. Thankfully, the week came to an end with peace and resilience. For that, I am grateful.