Elijah completed 72 hours of zoology to earn a half credit. He received an A for this course. He was an enthusiastic student. His focus for this course was the importance of zoos to help endangered animals reproduce and thrive, both in captivity as well as returning them to the wild.
Zoos and Nature Preserves ~ We were able to visit six nature preserves and zoos during this course. We spent one to four hours at each destination. Elijah enjoyed studying a large variety of animals in person.
- National Zoo in Washington, D.C.
- Knoxville Zoo in Tennessee
- Greenville Zoo in South Carolina
- WNC Nature Center in North Carolina
- Grandfather Mountain Zoo in North Carolina
- Food Chains and Food Webs
- Endangered Animals
- Elijah watched 17 National Geographic shows. He watched all of the National Parks series. The rest of his concentration was in sea creatures and adaptation skills of animals, such as how bats thrive in the darkness.
- Professor Noggins Earth Science
- Professor Noggins Rainforest
- Where is the Serengeti by Nico Medina
- 12 animal reading assignments and worksheets from Easy Teacher Worksheets website. He concentrated on endangered animals.