Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve...

Well, the kids are all tucked into their beds.  My husband and I have finished tip toeing around putting out the goodies for tomorrow.  We tried very hard to buy American-made and avoid Chinese products completely this year.  We also tried to buy local from locally owned stores in our area whenever possible.  We did pretty well.  My husband made one of our dd's gift (a horse stable shown in second photo), and I found a carriage in a high-end children's consignment store that was made in Germany.  I paid 75% less than it's price because it had been in the display window for a long time.  It is just perfect!  As is our tradition, the kids only get one gift from us and stockings filled with food goodies and a few little toys/books.  We are also giving the children the American made Step 2 Extreme Coaster as a joint gift this year.  In some ways, it is a physical therapy gift.  We are hoping that it will help our CP son with his upper body strength, since he has to push it up the hill each time before riding it down (pictures to follow later of it ~ the rain prevented my dh from getting it completely assembled).  We think this will be very popular with the little ones. Everything else under the tree is from relatives or siblings. (Gifts from parents are not wrapped.)








Our birthday cake for Jesus is in the shape of a heart this year, and the kids earned many ribbons ("straw") to cushion our Baby Jesus doll by doing good deeds.  We will count the ribbons up (each has the value of 25 cents) and buy food for starving children around the world through a charitable organization. 


I hope you all have a peaceful and merry Christmas.


Blessings, Dawn

4 comments:

  1. I love the stable and the carriage! I had to go online to see what the Extreme Coaster was. My little guy used that in his gymnastics class when he was younger and it was a big hit! Can't wait to see pictures of your children on it...


    I really admire you for buying American. I failed at that this year, but it's still a goal!


    Thank you for your prayers, too; I appreciate them so much.


    Denise


    ReplyDelete
  2. It all sounds wonderful! Praying you all had a blessed day!

    Blessings,

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. The carriage is gorgeous!

    The stable turned out very nicely too.

    It sounds like you all planned a very nice Christmas for the children. We didn't wrap our gifts, either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love, love the stable. My very favorite gifts are always homemade. My favorite gift this year was given by my youngest daughter to her Aunt who is working as a contractor in Iraq. She made a very cool "catalog" out of cardstock and inside listed a very long list of goodies (complete with descriptions) that her aunt could "order" and have sent. She's already placed her first order for brownies!

    ReplyDelete