Monday, December 1, 2008

Thirty-Two Snippets

My bloggy friend kidcraze has tagged me for this fun thirty-two snippets about me:


Eight things I am looking foward to:
  1. Going out to look at Christmas lights

  2. Our Special Needs Support Group Christmas party next weekend

  3. Getting all the gift packages out in the mail in the next few days

  4. Watching our Christmas book Advent unfold with the children

  5. Our first real snow (more than a dusting) for the year

  6. Making Christmas cookies with the kiddos

  7. Starting a yeast-free diet for my youngest son. OK, I am not looking forward to the diet, but I am looking forward to seeing him feel better day in and day out.

  8. This one is a ways off ~ seeing my oldest son graduate in the Spring
Eight things on my Wish List:
  1. To see my oldest launch his career in his preferred field at the nature center here in town

  2. That my Goldilocks (7) will learn how to read

  3. That my Goldilocks will make it through this Christmas/birthday season without any major meltdowns or her causing days of total chaos

  4. That my Goldilocks will continue getting services to provide her mental health one-on-one worker.  There is a serious threat that the services will be cut on December 11.

  5. That each of my children will continue to grow to be loving, giving, and caring people

  6. That my children will enjoy giving to others just as much as receiving during this giving season (so far, this is going well!)

  7. To get some deep pocket fitted sheets for dh and my bed

  8. A dry and sealed basement (without living through drought conditions), as we are now in the third year of a 200 year drought
Eight TV shows I watch:
  1. 15 to 20 minutes of "Good Morning America"

  2. "Sherlock Holmes" on PBS

  3. "Keeping Up Appearances" on PBS
Hmm...that about does it.  If you count videos of old shows, I love to watch "The Cosby Show" and "The Waltons".


Eight things I did yesterday:
  1. Took my kiddos to their most recent loop of Tomatis

  2. Almost finished Christmas shopping

  3. Opened our first Advent book, The Biggest Snowman Ever, and did a snowman craft

  4. Worked on lots of doctor paperwork for my oldest son

  5. Started organizing next year's calendar and setting up doctor appointments

  6. Did math under the table ~ just because it was fun and where the kids were

  7. Made a swag for the front door out of the Christmas tree cuttings

  8. Attended a doll tea party in Little Red Ridinghood's bed
I tag ~ anyone who wants to do this.


Blessings, Dawn

5 comments:

  1. I just posted a Things I Have Done list on my blog, come see and maybe you can post it too. I guess this is me officially tagging you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny! I watch that show too. I can't always get to it on PBS, but I watch it on youtube.


    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by and thanks for your prayers. I enjoyed catching up with you, and really enjoyed the lists of the things your children said in answer to questions about their mom.


    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, a tea party! Someday I am going to do that with my wee girls.


    Math under the table......hee, hee. We've done math upside down or while bouncing, but I don't think we've gone under the table yet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My folks like to watch 'Shelock Holmes' also. Great Eight! :)

    ReplyDelete