Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Tightwad Tuesday ~ Home Depot Kids Club




This may be a regional post, but if you have a Home Depot around you, their kids club is great.  Every month they hold a building club on Saturdays for kids to come and build with a parent.  The club is FREE and they get to build something new each month.  In our area you do not even need to register beforehand.  This has become a great daddy and son activity in my family that both my dh and younger son look forward to doing.  If you have a Home Depot in your area, check it out.  Here is what "Tom Sawyer" has made in the past month -- a planter, castle money bank, race car and stool.  He loves his apron almost as much as his projects.  The orange car he made blends into the orange apron, so you'll have to look closely.








Blessings, Dawn

10 comments:

  1. That is a wonderful reminder. I almost forgot about this. When my dh is finished working Saturdays(after tax season), perhaps he could do this with our boys.

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always forget about this because we are running errands on Saturdays. We'll have to set aside some special Saturdays for ds1 and dh to go do this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. forget about this. I would love to take the kids. Home Depot is a dangerous place though:) Always so many cool things around! Thanks for the reminder. I have got to start doing this with the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the info.! Our son enjoys using his play tools to built things. I think he would enjoy being involved in this. Hopefully they have it at our Home Depot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. blessedwith2angelsApril 8, 2008 at 5:45 AM

    My ds would love this. I am going to see if it is available in our area. Thanks for sharing.

    pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful!

    Happy Tightwad Tuesday,

    Mama Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. We love doing this. Lowes has one too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is SUCH a blessing. I sure wished we had one near here. Maybe I can suggest it to the local Handyman store. Maybe they would start one. [0=


    Blessings and ((hugs)) my SSiC

    In Him<><

    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. My kids did this once. They made a planter for me for Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We still have the pins, projects and apron from when my oldest had done it. The other two, even our daughter, looked forward to it every month. Great fun. Wonderful job on his projects.

    ReplyDelete