Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Art I for the Big Teen ...

This entry is mostly for myself, but I thought it might interest those of you who have a teen or will soon.  I was thinking that having everything the big teen has done just in a lesson plan book that could be lost was not enough.  My son is not college bound at this time, so I am very concerned that his high school transcripts be complete.  For that reason, I will be posting what he has studied and the results of his classes here, just in case we ever lose any of the lesson plan books.  Of course, the books are more complete, but at least these will be a record of sorts.  It will probably take me a few weeks, but they will all be under the "high school transcript" category, if you are interested.



The big teen took Art I in the 10th grade.  He used the Meet the Masters program and several videos.  He went to our local art museum five times and had the opportunity to take a few photography classes.  He also did several crafts, including making jewelry out of forks, making paper, making soap and making gift cards.



He studied:



  • Winslow Homer
  • Leonardo da Vinci
  • Goya
  • Mondrian ~ did art project
  • Mary Cassatt
  • Georgia O'Keeffe ~ did art project
  • Norman Rockwell
  • Remington ~ did art project
  • Edgar Degas ~ did art project
  • Henri Matisse ~ did art project
  • Frida Kahlo ~ did art project
  • Andrew Wyeth ~ did art project
  • Claude Monet
  • Jackson Pollock ~ did art project
  • Vincent van Gogh
  • Rembrandt ~ did art project
  • Toulouse-Lautrec ~ did art project
He received an A for this course, because he put his best effort into it and learned a great deal.  He completed all the course work and was able to answer all questions about the artists and compare and contrast them.



6 comments:

  1. Just taking a few minutes to catch up on your blog. I just love all the pictures!!

    You asked me if my kids fought when they were little and I had to giggle a bit. See, I have this rule that the kids can't fight with each other. I just don't allow it. But it came to light a few years ago that there was some "undercover" fighting going on over the years. My children confessed that they actually have fond memories of the secret torture and threatening that I was unaware of!! Go figure!! It has been good to know that the Lord has worked in their hearts to reconcile hurts and has led them to be kinder to each other without me in the middle of it all. So take heart, unless their fighting is abnormally hurtful, it's just a part of people growing up together. :-) Blessings! Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting! I think it's always interesting to see what others are learning/doing in their schools.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is interesting. I am always looking for ways to incorporate art.

    Blessings,

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh. I love art. I wish I could take an art class of my very own. Maybe I'll do some serious art learning right along with my kids as they get older. Isn't homeschooling wonderful that way? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very impressive. I have seen some of his artwork on here, and he is good at it. Does he love art and learning about artists?

    Letitia

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great course! Sounds like a lot of fun to me.


    I really appreciate getting a glimpse into the higher grades. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete