Friday, August 21, 2009

Outdoor Challenge ~ Pumpkins

We are doing the Outdoor Hour Challenge  with Harmony Art Mom this year. Challenge number 6 is pumpkins. We used some of the lessons from the Handbook of Nature Study on pumpkins. Our pumpkins are doing so well! We only had two plants come up out of the eight we planted, so we were a bit concerned that they would not give us a crop. However, we currently have six nice sized pumpkins! The children have really enjoyed watching the growth. It seems like the pumpkin patch gets closer to the play gym every day! The kids are waiting for the play gym to be consumed by the plant. Below are pictures of the pumpkins' progress and the kids' nature journals.








Blessings, Dawn

4 comments:

  1. You have a great pumpkin crop and it is fun to watch the vines grow and grow and grow.


    I love your journals too!


    Thanks for sharing your study.

    Barb-Harmony Art Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am jealous. My garden did not do well this year. I couldn't even get zucchini to grow. Maybe I'll have better luck next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I saw you were online and thought I'd drop by and check on you. The Not-Back-to-School Blog Hop is alot of fun, huh? I think this last week is a day in the life. I don't think I'll get to participate as I'm too busy trying to complete the day to sit and write about it!


    Anyway, I think your pumpkins are neat. I'm not a pumpkin eater and would never be so bold as to try and grow one, but we've got okra! Just cooked it for the fourth time this month earlier today (oh, boy!)


    God bless, and the kids are too cute in their school photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed catching up with your blog and what your and your lovely kids are doing!


    Carol

    ReplyDelete