Friday, January 29, 2010

A Big Snow Storm Is Coming

The news says a big snow storm is heading our way. It should be here in about 6 hours! Usually, I am very excited about snow, since we do not see it very often. However, I'm concerned because it is supposed to start during rush hour when my dh is coming home. Also, most of us our sick. We are fighting a nasty cold and some of us even have fevers.The thought of sledding is making my head hurt! Since the weather man is predicting up to a foot of snow and possible widespread power outages, I feel like there is lots of work I should be doing to prepare. I really should make some food that needs no heat source and catch up on the laundry (our laundry room is unheated and the pipes often freeze in storms like these). In addition, the yard should be prepared, car moved out from under the tree so falling branches don't crush it, and the sleds found. To add to my worries, the one child who is not showing any signs of illness is the one who needs to be supervised at all times. So I am adapting our day to get through it and handle the extra workload with lots of rest for Mom and the little sickies. 

We will run our day like this ~   
  • 30 minutes of work time
  • 30 minutes of rest time
  • 30 minutes of school time
  • 30 minutes of rest time
Around and around like that until we get to the afternoon where there will be a 2 hour nap time. I can't wait for nap time!

Blessings, Dawn

5 comments:

  1. Oh, Dawn!

    I'm sorry to hear that y'all are sick. I'll pray that you feel strength today to get through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, lady, and I'm so sorry to hear that you all don't feel well. This has been the first week that we've all been back "up to snuff," so to speak, and able to move somewhat productively.


    I'm viewing your blog via my "HSB Friends" link, and so I also saw your circle time post since you wrote it today. You are such a great teacher. We don't do anything like this, but it looks like an excellent tool for quickly recapping a number of areas. "Mind your own business." HA HA!! I need to adopt that one in our home. If ours would follow that rule, we'd probably finish hours earlier than they do.


    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear that you're not feeling well, Dawn. I'll pray for the best outcome and will certainly pray for your dh's safety if he has has to drive home during the storm.


    It strikes me as strange that you're getting more snow than we are this winter!


    I hope your day worked out with your revised schedule and that you were able to get a long nap!


    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry y'all aren't feeling well. Praying for good rest tomorrow and that y'all would all be feeling better. Praying too for no power outages!


    We've gotten some snow - though not enough yet. I'm really hoping we get more tonight as my children are so very excited to go play in the snow tomorrow.


    Blessings

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  5. The braids were easy. They just took a lot of time. I told my dd that I won't do them more than once or twice a year!


    Carol

    ReplyDelete