We tend to start out each New Year with a bang. A few years ago, the car needed huge repairs just days into the new year and last year the water heater died on New Year's eve. It has kind of become a habit to wait and see what is going to break down before we can use our Christmas money on something fun. This year we thought that a big chunk of money was going to go to the bathtub that needs refinishing. That is still a priority since we fear it is leaching lead. No one is allowed to have a bath or shower in that bathroom until it is resolved and the tub man comes out today to give us an estimate. However, as in years past, The House let us know what IT needs, too. Last night fire shot out from behind the stove. I screamed for dh and the electrical system tripped and put the fire out on it's own. Thank the Lord!! However, the wall behind it is burned. The electrician is laying a new line to the stove as I type. All should be safe again in just a few minutes. We are so blessed that the fire went out on its own, no one was standing at the stove, the stove was on its own line so that it did not spread throughout our electric wiring and that we were at home so were able to get help right away.
NOTHING LIKE ADDING A BIT OF SIZZLE TO YOUR WEEK!