Friday, March 7, 2008

My Desk

Well, I have been tagged again.  Kellieann wants to see my desk!  Now there is a different tag.  My desk is mostly used for scrapbooking and card writing.  I wish I could say it is used daily or even weekly, but more like once a month.  I love my desk, though.  I inherited from my Grandmother.  It is a beautiful antique secretary that these photos don't really do justice.  The lamp on top was used in the framed still life photograph above it that my Father did in college.  He was a photography major in college and now heads up the photography department at the National Gallery of Art in Washington, D.C.  I like having some of his early photography in the house.  On with the pictures ~







Blessings, Dawn

10 comments:

  1. Cool desk! And what a neat photograph to have of your dad's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos, neat tag and what a clean desk!! It looks very organized, I don't think anything of mine looks that way :)


    ~Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely! How special about the lamp and the picture! What an interesting tag!

    Blessings,

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very classic and so neat--just as I imagine you. I have to learn to pare down my own scrapbooking so that my space will look like this. Right now, one of my limitations in cropping is that I take up the entire kitchen table, and I'm still looking for more room!


    God bless you today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I simply adore the the cubbies and drawers. I would love to own something as splendid as that. Thanks so much for sharing this treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your desk is beautiful... I love old, beautiful, pieces... Especially when there is sentimental love with them..

    Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely desk! I may have a tag for you if you're interested. I should have it up in a short while...

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely desk! I may have a tag for you if you're interested. I should have it up in a short while...

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful desk and lamp. I love old "granma's" furniture. I have some of both of mine.


    Letitia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your desk is beautiful! I'll have to clean mine up before posting a picture, but I'll let you know when it's posted. :)


    Denise

    ReplyDelete