Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A New Reader

I have maintained a blog over at homeschoolblogger for a few years now.  However, they are becoming unreliable, so I think I will try it over here.  Here is a short introduction to our lives.  We are a homeschool family with four kids.  Our oldest graduated from our homeschool the year before last.  Our three younger children are in 3rd grade and 1st grade.  Two of our children are adopted and three have special needs.  I talk about our family's homeschool journey and our struggles and triumphs with raising special needs kids.

Our youngest, Little Red Ridinghood (7) finished 100 Easy Lessons yesterday. We are so proud of her.  I told her she only had 14 more lessons in order to earn her reading party.  She said she wanted to earn her reading party that very day.  Like her siblings, before her, she sat there and read her way through the last of the lessons.  I was really surprised that she read that many lessons in one day.  Yay!!!

We went straight to the store and picked out her cake.  We had a quick reading party for her and presented her with a reading certificate.  We even have grandparents in town, so it was extra special to have guests at her reading party.  It is exciting to have everyone reading now.  Two of them are still not STRONG readers but the phonics is there.



Blessings,
Dawn

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!!!
    I can't believe she read through that many at once either. Wow.
    She really wanted that cake :)

    Glad I found you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new blog!! There have been times when I've missed my old blog, but it was so user unfriendly, it drove me crazy. I enjoy being able to be more flexible!

    SOOOO proud of Little Red Riding Hood!! WOnderful job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here you are with a beautiful new blog, a peaceful, warm feel, a post and comments already! You are too much! I'm still trying to build my template! HA HA!

    Come visit me sometime at theblessedheritage.wordpress.com. I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally understand about HSB. I have a blogspot under construction. I haven't been able to leave comments on HSB for several weeks and I my password keeps locking up.

    Go Red Riding Hood!

    ReplyDelete