Another busy week gone and a new one already begun. So here we go on some of what I felt thankful for this week.
1) I am so thankful for the reprieve in my daughter Goldilock's behavior. I am not sure what is going on, but as I have stated before she has RAD and tends to misbehave a great deal. She needs her world kept very tight and small and learning the parenting style of tomato staking has been a saving grace for my family. For the past two weeks, she has had very few incidents and no major blow outs. In addition, she has shown affection to me in appropriate ways and not because she wants something!!! This is a first in almost 5 years of raising her. I have gotten lots of spontaneous hugs and compliments! Unbelievable.
2) I am thankful for our opportunity to go swimming twice this week and that the little kiddos are getting used to the water and preparation for learning to swim.
3) I am thankful for my husband, and I finally have health insurance so I can go to the dentist and chiropractor.
4) I am thankful for our two A/C units. I have never dealt well with heat and the last things my kids need is a grumpy mommy.
5) I am thankful for my adoption support group and the blessings of babies that are being bestowed upon several of our members right now. It is awesome for my two adopted kids to have so many adopted playmates. They don't feel different at all and will have others to grow up with and talk to during those times when they question why they had to be adopted.
6) I am thankful that my Mother raised me at her side in the kitchen and that cooking/baking comes very easily to me. I smell fresh baked Banana Sour Cream Cake coming from the kitchen right now.
7) I am thankful for the gift of music. It is such an easy way to fill myself up when I am feeling down or overwhelmed.