Sunday, August 3, 2008

A Simple Woman's Daybook

 

 Outside my window ~ The sun is just now coming up.  It is going to be HOT today.

I am thinking ~ Here we go again.  One more crazy week to get through.

I am thankful for ~ Laughter.

From the kitchen ~ This week we will be eating a few meals of Italian and NYC street vendors' style food to go along with our FIAR book, The Little Red Lighthouse and the Big Gray Bridge.

I am creating ~  Model lighthouses with the kiddos later today.

I am going ~ To Tomatis and then tonight our homeschool support group meeting.

I am wearing ~ My nightgown and robe.

I am reading ~ Obit:  Inspiring Stories of Ordinary People Who Led Extraordinary Lives by Jim Sheeler.

I am hoping ~ That we will have a smooth week.

I am hearing ~ The hum of the computer and my dog waking up.  Kids are still asleep.

Around the house ~ Keeping things on the level.

One of my favorite things ~ Sitting outside on a breezy day.

A few plans for the rest of the week ~ My dd (7) has 5 more days of Tomatis, both girls have physicals and shots, swim lessons for two kiddos, and changing the big teen's volunteer schedule so he can take some outside classes this year.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing for you ~ Rub-a dub-dub, two kids in a tub...



To see more Simple Woman's Daybooks, go to the simple woman.

Blessings, Dawn

12 comments:

  1. Well I pray that your week goes smoothly! I love your picture. Very cute.

    Blessings,

    Kim at Homesteadersheart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying that your week goes as smoothly as possible! Love the photo - reminds me of when my little sis and I used to play like that many years ago!!

    ~Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's a way to keep cool! I hope you have a smooth week. We start our formal lessons next Monday. I am in the home stretch.

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your daybook with us. I am happy to see someone else posting in their pjs. I like the picture, too, I wonder what they did to get so dirty that they had to bathe outside.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great daybook, hope you have a smooth week :)


    Have a great day!


    <a href="http://familycorner.blogspot.com/2008/08/simple-woman-daybook-august-4th.html">My Daybook</a>

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's been so long since mine were small enough to do something like that. It looks like they have mastered the art of keeping cool. Thanks for sharing your day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. fun fun! Love the 2kiddos in the tub.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ivy @ Spinning Lovely DaysAugust 4, 2008 at 6:21 AM

    Hi. I hope you share pictures of your lighthouse models. I'm crazy about lighthouses. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooohhh...can I come over for the Italian food? It's been my craving!


    On your other post, it brought back last year's memories seeing that Nile model. I like yours better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your post!


    And now I'm off to check out that book link.


    Have a wonderful and fun filled day.

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, it'd been a while since I'd "gotten out" and visited, and I wanted to spend a very rainy day, our last before school started, getting out to see friends. I actually saw your comment on Three Little Ladies' blog about your son and the seat work and had to laugh. Our 5year-old has been all excited about her books since her birthday, so I started school before I planned. Talk about all my "organization" being thrown out of the window--for all my planning and writing things down, I've been winging it on the fly for the last 2 weeks. So today, I back up 20 yards and punt before adding the older set into the mix.


    Just saying hi and letting you know that you're on my mind and in my heart.

    Belinda@With a Taste of Chocolate

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank You for sharing. I, too, hope your week goes well. Smiles and Blessings.

    ReplyDelete