Thursday, August 28, 2008

Show and Tell Friday ~ Table

 


It is time for another Canadagirl Show and Tell.  To see more great Show and Tells, go here.


This past weekend we went to a moving sale up the street from us.  I really didn't think we would find anything, since it was a moving sale of a bachelor neighbor.  Well, wouldn't you know, something I have wanted for a long time was waiting for me to come and get it!  I found a wonderful solid oak table that has two leaves and seats 10 comfortably!!  He offered the table and the six chairs to me for $150!!  It even has locks underneath so that the table will not separate and let food get in the cracks like the table we've been using! Woo Hoo!!


My old table had been bought at a thrift shop and was functional but not so lovely when I got it.  Over the years and with the heavy use that our homeschool family had put that table through, it was a wreck!  It shook when you cleaned it, and the chairs got caught under it all the time.  Furthermore, we were running out of room when all the kids' school work was spread out on it.  We won't even mention how crazy it was when guests were over.  LOL


So here is my new table set up for eight with one of the leaves in it.  I have two more chairs in the basement for when we have lots of company.  Everyone has plenty of elbow room now!  Nobody is complaining that so and so's book is touching them or that the lefty child is elbowing them while he writes.  Hurray!  Grandma came to dinner the other night, and we all got to sit around the table together with all the dishes on the table.  Well,  as you can see I am just beyond excited about this purchase!




Blessings, Dawn

13 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I will try not to be envious! We have an old conference table that has metal brackets to keep it from wobbling! I keep it covered with a plastic table clothe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dawn! What a wonderful, wonderful gift for you!!!!! I know how much I would love a table that spacious, and so I bet I can imagine your excitement. What a deal, too! I'm so happy for you!!! :)


    Have a lovely weekend,

    Shani

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a blessing to you and to the single mom. It is wonderful to be able to sit everyone around the same table isnt it.

    Your joy is contagious, congrats on the find.

    Because of Jesus, Bobbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you found such a lovely table at a reasonable price. As a lefty myself, I always appreciated having lots of elbow room.

    Blessings,

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Solid Oak! I love it when this happens. (-:

    Living by Faith,

    Mama Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is wonderful that you have blessed these two children with a family. Such a blessing for them and for you. We see the addictions and countless times hear the heart cries of mothers and fathers too far dependent on drugs and alchol to do what is right for themselves and their children. I too was a product of addicted parents though not homeless. You are wise to protect your children. I grew up on the same block as my real relatives. Unknown to me. Found this out years later.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Catching up on your blog. Beautiful table!! God is so good!! :-) Glad to hear all is going well for your family! Blessings! Kris

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dawn!


    That is so awesome! I am so excited for you.

    What a beautiful table and what a tremendous blessing for your family. Yay, yay, yay!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great blessing! It's so nice to sit and work (or eat) at a table where everyone and everything fit easily.


    I wish you many happy memories around that table.


    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its beautiful!! You are soooo lucky!! I paid alot for mine, and its really nice, but I'm afraid what our homeschooling is going to do to it. I can't wait to get back to the states to get a real tablecloth!!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is beautiful. WOOHOO!!

    Be blessed,

    Chasity

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! What a great find! I love a good bargain and big tables are so nice-especially for homeschooling!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the table, & the chairs!

    ReplyDelete