Thursday, August 14, 2008

Show and Tell ~ What to do With a New Sidewalk

 


It's Friday ... time for another of Canadagirl's show and tell!!  This week I am going to show you the latest way my dh and children have found to give me gray hair.  LOL!  The city has put in a sidewalk from our house to the church up the street.  It spans about a total of four houses and the church parking lot.  It is a gradual hill all the way down past our house.  That is, a gradual hill that goes pretty fast when you are on wheels.  We have been busy playing with our new sidewalk.  My husband had the grand idea to start giving rides to the kids on our flying turtle.





Here he is giving our oldest daughter a ride.  They are going at a pretty good clip.  My dh is using his shoes as brakes which is quickly ruining the rubber soles.  All in the name of fun, right?





Tom Sawyer wanted to ride alone with Daddy running along behind holding his shirt.  I am so glad that my dh is out there playing with them.  He is a great dad!





The big teen had to get in on the action with his skateboard.  I am proud that in 18 years of being a mother none of the children ever have had a broken bone.  I hope this new sidewalk doesn't ruin that record!  I hope you all have a great weekend.


Blessings, Dawn

17 comments:

  1. What fun! I never had sidewalks when growing up, and then when my kids had them there were no hills. Keep the bandaids and Bactine handy! I'm sure you'll need it...

    bethanyrae

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun to me! Good thing daddy is there to help the little ones. (-:

    Blessings,

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool is it to see dad and son enjoying a very sweet time together?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like they are having fun. I think i'd be a little stressed about it, too. We live on a hill and my littles like to ride down on tricycles and bikes....in the street. No sidewalk here.


    I like your circle time idea. That is great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would get a few grays myself . lol But I remember have a dead end hill that might have been similar and we rode all kinds of things down it. I don't remember any of the moms stopping us ??? I love the name flying turtle. hee he.


    I pray blessings on you and your family. May you keep your record of no bones broken. [0;


    Blessings in Him<><

    -Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this is great! It does look like a wonderful little hill! I would have LOVED it! I've had 2 boys with broken arms--our oldest at 5 fell on his bike on our bike ride and my DH ran over his arm! AUGH! Couldn't stop!

    We are the "stitches" family, oldest DS (now 30) taking the all-time record--at different times 6 sets of stitches to various places on his head, starting at age 3 and finishing up at about age 12. It's a wonder he's still alive. A risk-taker, that boy.

    This sidewalk would have been a disaster waiting to happen, but he would have gone down it anyway. He loves scary things. It's enough to make a mom buy a straight jacket and double locks on the doors. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey at least their not in the street doing this. We have been blessed here so far also with no broken bones. Must be the milk. lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like so much fun!!! Even dad looks like he's having a blast!!! Don't you just love it when they get into the kids' world like this? (keeps us from having to do the crazy things like this!! :} )


    Thanks for sharing,

    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh they must be in heaven feeling the smooth cement beneath their wheels. A flying turle? What is a flying turtle. It looks like a blast.

    I hope you keep your record too.

    Because of Jesus, Bobbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great show and tell. I had a street like this growing up. So fun!


    Valerie

    http://homeschoolblogger.com/socalval

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally fun! It's great dad has so much fun with his kids. What a blessing!

    Antoinette

    ReplyDelete
  12. Isn't it wonderful all the ways our children can give us gray hairs? It's like they try to think up new ways.

    Looks like fun though.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, it looks GREAT! I'm a firm believer in letting kids play. There is some risk involved, sure. But as you said, they've never broken a bone yet. :-)


    thanks for your sympathy about my lost books. :-) It's not like a natural disaster or something. But these books are so essential!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I bet they had a lot of fun!


    Hope you have a great weekend!

    Karen

    www.homeschoolblogger.com/salt

    ReplyDelete
  15. My dc used to ride the skateboard down our sidewalk on the hill. I saw the neighbor girls across the street doing it and thought, "wow, what great SI!" So I bought skateboards and bike helmets and sent them down the hill. LOL

    Blessings,

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete